Re: Car colours, et cetera

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car colours, et cetera
From: rbt%dracut@keps.kodak.com (Bob Tufts)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 92 13:28:48 EDT

Berry K. comments:

Sigh.  The problem with these kinds of "analyses" is that they assume
the person buying the care deliberately chose the color.  None of my
family's cars were chosen because of the color.  The VW's are dark and
light brown because those were the colors of the best cars the dealer
had when we went down to buy them.

Exactly! Once upon a time people used to order a car to their spec's. Now
a days you get the closest match on the lot, or have the dealer search for
you.  Unless a color was truly hideous, it would have little effect compared
to say having AC or not.

I think it is MUCH more indicative of a person's personality to
examine what KIND of car they drive.  Whether you drive a '91 Yugo or
a '39 Morgan tells me much more about you than whether your Accord is
green or blue.

Now this would be an interesting project, except that just as many conflicts
exist here. i.e.; I can show you people that "hot-rod" VW's and others that
look at it as basic, economical transportation (the "typical" stereotype).

So the point is that there is no point!
Resistance IS useless!  -the Vogons from Hitchhikers Guide

-Bob T.