Re: TR250 wheels and tires

To: David_Brady.ENGINONE@engtwomac.synoptics.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 wheels and tires
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 92 09:59:02 -0700
while we are on the subject of wheels & the Summer sale .....

I had been planning to get the knock off version of the minilite reproductions
for the TR3.  I recently had a company mix up a small batch of the colour the
TR3 is going to be & took a good look at it outside.  Apple green really
brings out chrome.  So I have changed my mind and have decided to invest in
a set of chrome wire wheels.  TRF catalogue recommends 60 spoke wheels for
TR3 rough use and 72 spoke wheels for TR250 & 6.  However, my use may
occasionally exceed rough use and I would like to get wider wheels than the
60 spike tyres allow.  Anyone know if the 72 spoke wheels fit within the
wings or do they stick out?  Is there any inteference problems in the front
while turning??  Is there any reason to recommend against the use of 72 spoke
wheels on a TR3A (post TS60000)?????

Someone who wants to get into the buying frenzy wants to know

TeriAnn