Re: What would you do with $250?

To: british-cars@hoosier (SOL list)
Subject: Re: What would you do with $250?
From: tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 91 14:17:32 CST
> I have most of the conventional tools I need (wrenches, sockets, etc...).
> What should I get?
>
> =>mdb

This reminds me of a humorous story from Mad magazine way back around
the time catalytic converters were first being proposed as law.  A
reporter is interviewing people on the streets:

Reporter:  Would you be willing to pay an extra $200 on the price of a
           new car for a pollution control device?

Blue-collar Joe:  $200!  If I had $200, I'd buy me a Ferrari!

BTW, you can get a really nice F40 or Testarossa model for $250...

T.J. Higgins    205-730-7922  |  higgins@ingr.com    (Internet)
Mapping Sciences Division     |  uunet!ingr!higgins  (uucp)
Intergraph Corp.  M/S IW17A6  Huntsville, Alabama, U.S.A.  35894-0001