re: What would you do with $250?

To: spit@neuro.duke.edu
Subject: re: What would you do with $250?
From: whs70@taichi.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 31 Dec 1991 11:32 EST
M.D.B. asks:
>When the wrapping paper had settled on the 25th, I found myself holding
>about $250.  It is now burning a hole in my pocket.  I am thinking "tools".
>I have most of the conventional tools I need (wrenches, sockets, etc...).
>What should I get?
>
>I do have a rather asthmatic air compressor.  Maybe some air tools...

I recieved a Sears pamphlet that had a 3.5 hp compressor for (I think)
around $299.  If your current compressor is "asthmatic," new air tools
won't help.  You could probably "tandem" the new compressor with the old
tank for a greater capacity, but I'll let someone else speak to the
pros and cons of that arrangement.

Seems like Sears has some really big sales prices currently in
effect.

Bill Sohl (K2UNK) BELLCORE (Bell Communications Research, Inc.)
Morristown, NJ             email via UUCP      bcr!taichi!whs70
201-829-2879 Weekdays      email via Internet  whs70@taichi.cc.bellcore.com