Re: What would you do with $250?

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@snakebyte.cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: What would you do with $250?
From: berry@hawking.wpd.sgi.com (Berry Kercheval)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 91 11:30:54 -0800
Roland Dudley writes:
 > Moss is still selling a 6 piece open-end Whitworth tool set for $19.95
 > (383-100).  I got a set a few months back and they seem to be of
 > reasonable quality even though they are used.  This is not a primary tool
 > set by any means but handy for those odd Whitworth fasteners found on
 > older Brit cars.  In fact, I just discovered 3/16W nut in an unexpected
 > place on my car last weekend.  Glad I had a wrench that would fit.

If you are at all likely to work on an older Britcar, these are worth
their weights in gold!  I got a set of combination wrenches and
sockets in Whitworth sizes from Moss about 15 years ago, and they made
working on my '51 Bentley **POSSIBLE**.  Almost ALL the fasteners are
Whitworth.  In fact, when I had to have a "pro" do some work on it I
used to have to supply the wrenches to them; otherwise they tended to
f*** up the bolts with SAE and metric size tools.

No one but me has touched it for years now....

  --berry

(and no snide comments about how it's languished in my garage for 14
years, either!!!)