Short trip, long haul

To: sol, autox
Subject: Short trip, long haul
From: mjb (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 91 20:28:44 -0700
Short trip:

I plan on being out of town from saturday afternoon until wednesday night.
Hopefully there will be no net troubles, I anticipate little traffic.  And
when I do get back I can tend to some leftover business bits, like carb
parts, sticker orders and such.  Next month I should be quite a bit less
busy.  Well, sort of.  But for now most things will have to wait until I
come back from the Los Angeles area.

Long haul:
This is off the subject of these lists, but I'll risk the ire of the net
and ask anyway.  There is a slim chance I may be in the market for a
different truck soon.  My '78 Datsun King Cab is nearing the end of its
useful life, and I will need a tow vehicle of some description.  Something
one wouldn't mind driving heavily laden from Salt Lake, to say, Savannah.
And back, of course.  I'm thinking of a mid eighties small truck, anything
else I should consider?  Should I just put a Nissan V6 into my old truck?
An old American V8 wagon with air and heavy duty towing package?  A Land
Rover with a Mustang 5 liter motor?

mjb.