Re: Why Paint?

To: Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com
Subject: Re: Why Paint?
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 91 16:12:46 pst
>         Reply to:   Why Paint?
> Mike Gendimenco writes:
>   I've just seen some nice
> restorations botched 'cause the person did a great job on the mechanical work
> and engine compartment, etc. and then decided to try their hand at painting it
> too, but weren't equipped or experienced with body work.  If your going to
Jerry Kaidor responds:

> hidden, before you get onto the critical stuff.   And last, but certainly lot
> least, you will save big bucks.

This is THE REASON.  Body work and paint is often the biggest expense in
a restoration.  It could easily be the difference between restoring or
not.  I wouldn't attempt to paint my car because I don't have any place
to do it, plus if I go with the original metallic color, that's not
something I want to tackle as my first paint job.  But I'll sure give
the body work a shot, starting with the non-critical stuff first.  If
it's obvious I'm really screwing up and not getting the hang of it,
then I'll consider paying someone else to do the body work too.

Roland