RE: annoying insurance problem

To: "dmunroe@gollum.wr.tek.com"@HERMES.intel.com
Subject: RE: annoying insurance problem
From: gendimen@t12sys.intel.com (Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 91 12:32:24 -0800
I think all you should need at the most is a valid registration card, however I
had Farmers several years ago and I suggest you shop for another company.
The agent I had was pretty good, but then came time to put in a claim.  I had
totaled a BMW and took it to the shop of my choice.  They didn't like the
estimate they gave ('cause they estimated with factory new parts) and towed it
to another shop of their choice.  Not only was it illegal to do that, (in CA we
only need one estimate at a shop of your choice) there it sat for 3-4 weeks
while the shop
looked for a USED front end.  Even with used parts (there's some fine lines in
your policy where they can use used parts if the cost is less) it was still
totaled.  2 months after the accident, I finally got a check for the car.
With all the insurance companies out there and what you pay for insurance,
these kinds of hassles aren't worth it.  I have AAA now but am switching to
State Farm (better prices).  Happy insurance shopping.

Mike Gendimenico
gendimen@t12sys.intel.com