Re: Lotus for sale

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Lotus for sale
From: phile@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 91 14:08:00 CST
(Story about $9500 1970 Elan for sale deleted)

Gee, that is just a LITTLE more than the Europa cost me.  Weird, but since I
met the owner in Hawaii, I know that more bucks have been put into than I paid.
The ex-owner says he bought it for 4K, put 4K into it, and sold it in a moment
of insanity and frustration for $500!  He called the buyer and tried to back
out, but the buyer insisted "a deal is a deal".

This tells me it behooves me to be careful and check it over well before
autocrossing to try to head off trouble and expense.

That buyer then put anther $2600 into the engine, and $100? into door hinges, so
the total spent by the two was 4000+4000+2700=10,700.  I don't count the $700 or
$800 to ship it to Seattle.  He then sold it to me for $3500, so he did not take
as much of a beating as the guy before him.  Weird.  All I have spent so far is
$250 for wheels, and $46 for club reprints.  The Hawaiian owner said he gave the
next guy manuals and club reprints, and a floppy disk with more info.  I did not
get any of that, so I wonder...

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN  55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105, w (612) 298-5324  phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov or uiucuxc!pwcs!phile
"The workingman's GT-40" - Colin Chapman

--
Login name: phile                       In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324