insuring an LBC project

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: insuring an LBC project
From: Victor Grubbs <victor@rolf.stat.uga.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 91 21:08:31 EST
hi folks!
  i've just spent several frustrating hours dealing with my insurance droid.
the company offers a "classic car" policy and quoted me an annual fee of
$52 for full coverage on my 64 MGB.
BUT, when i submitted the requested pictures, they turned me down because
the B is a work-in-progress instead of a completed project. i am doing the
greasy mechanical work first and saving the body-work and paint for later.
Ironically, all they care about is cosmetics! Apparently they don't care
about the condition of the mechanics (or even if it HAS a drive-train!),
but the body has to LOOK GOOD before they will write a policy.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, how do you folks insure your current project car?
any pointers to insurance agencies with more reasonable policies?

thanks,

victor

victor@rolf.stat.uga.edu