Slloowwwww....

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Slloowwwww....
From: gerry@speedy.att.com
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 91 14:13 EST
> TeriAnn
> If you want slow, try a long bed Land Rover with a 4 cyl engine

If you want REAL slow, try a Land Rover with a 4 cyl DIESEL engine !!!!!.

My brother had one of these beasts with the Perkins diesel, not only was it
slloooowwwwww, but it was the noisiest car I have ever been in. About 10 years
ago, he decided to replace the Perkins eng, with a Ford V6 (From a
Capri, Granada etc). This is a very common engine swap in the UK and all
the parts are readily available. It is now MUCH quieter, faster, get
better fuel economy  and with the overdrive gearbox fitted, will cruise
comfortably at 70-75 mph.

BTW when adding an overdrive unit to a Land Rover, it gives you 16 gears
to lpay aroung with - what a choice !!!!

Gerry