some people want both...

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: some people want both...
From: The cutting edge 12-Dec-1991 1121 <metzger@decwet.ENET.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 91 11:22:46 PST
For all you people berating the engine swap ideas.....

Try driving a 908cc bugeye on the freeway. Not only is it practically invisible
to the log hauling trucks up here but it isn't powerful enough to get out of
their way.

I think bugeye's are one of the coolest looking cars ever put on the road but
I'd prefer to be driving a mazda rotary powered one over a 1275cc powered one.

The only reason I wasn't killed on my motorcycle (when I drove one) many times
was the fact that I had an extermely high power/wieght ratio and could often
accelerate out of trouble when braking wasn't an alternative. Since I've
graduated from motorcycles to LBC's I've felt the same fear on occasions
(people just don't see you sometimes)  without the ability to accelerate out of
them. Most have come driving my 1275 cc Midget with a whopping 60hp or so.

It's why I'm seriously thinking about a franken-sprite conversion of my own
someday when I buy that big house in the country (or I'll just store it at Pat
Vilbrant's new house in the country :-) )

Having a great looking car with a great power plant in it doesn't mean you're
desecrating the marque. I think of it as a logical evolution had
british-leyland decided to step into the 1980's...

All I have to do now is buy a house with a 3 car barn out back, find a rolling
bugeye chassis, buy about $1,000 worth of welding equipment and air tools and
get hold of somebody that's already done the swap and can give me some
direction....See ya in 20 years with my completed franken-sprite ;-( until then
I'll just keep the midget on the back roads.....

John Metzger

Promise me you won't rewire anything, Tim.....
More Power !!! ugh,UGH, UGGGHHHH

   Home Improvement....