Re: RE>Re- Rebushing 1500 rocke

To: Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com, kent@parc.xerox.com
Subject: Re: RE>Re- Rebushing 1500 rocke
From: mason@ftp.com (Hark! Mason...)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 91 17:28:04 -0500
Speaking of resurfacing rocker arms, does anybody have any hints for doing
this? The first set I want to do is a set of pitted roller rockers for a BMW
twin (not british - let's talk theory, not specifics) that would be
prohibitively expensive to replace. They're pitted from having the lash set
wrong, this seems to happen to a lot of them.
So what I was thinking is 400 grit sandpaper on a peice of glass and just
holding the rocker as flat as I could against it, then polishing it when
I get the pits out. Has anybody ever tried this? Any better ideas for holding
them flatter? Anybody think there's any hope of success?