Re: RE>Re- Rebushing 1500 rocke

To: mason@ftp.com (Hark! Mason...)
Subject: Re: RE>Re- Rebushing 1500 rocke
From: "Christopher A. Kent" <kent@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1991 14:30:49 PST
First you need to determine if "flat" is the right thing to do; on the
TR 4 engine, it's not; there's a slight curve. This is to allow the
rocker to slide smoothly over the end of the valve without side loads.

What I did was put the rocker in a vise, then take a fine grit sanding
cylinder on a Dremel tool and go over it carefully. The rockers were
worn in the center, so I used the outer, unworn surface as a guide for
the shape, and could tell by the sound when I'd hit bottom in the worn
channel...

Seems to have worked (the sanding cylinder was as wide or wider than
the rocker tip surface, so I hit everything at once).