Re: new CA. law about antique cars

To: cobra@snakebyte.cdc.hp.com (Roland Dudley)
Subject: Re: new CA. law about antique cars
From: miq@chromavac.corp.sgi.com (Miq Millman)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 91 10:18:48 PST
Roland Dudley says:

> It's new.  I've received renewal notices on two of my four cars in the
> past month.  So far the increases have been fairly moderate.  My '70 bug
> only increased by $2, my van probably $10 or so.  I'm gritting my teeth
> while waiting for my snake renewal.  Anyone in CA had a major increase
> in their DMV fees yet?
>
> Roland

My Bugeye went from $24 to $74.  Good thing that my Cobra is not currently
registered.  Or is it?  Let me know what the change is for yours.  The bugeye
increase is kinda disturbing, because my '74 camaro went down (renews in oct)
from $55ish to $49.  The Bugeye was due in nov.

--

Miq Millman -- miq@sgi.com or {decwrl,pyramid,ucbvax}!sgi!miq  415 335 1041