Re: leaky clutch cylinder

To: drabik@solaris.gatech.edu (Timothy J. Drabik)
Subject: Re: leaky clutch cylinder
From: "Christopher A. Kent" <kent@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1991 10:40:40 PST
The other thing to realize is that Girling aluminum alloy cylinders
really don't take well to honing and rebuilding; I've gone through the
same exercise on my TR, with similar results. My clutch m/c rebuild
lasted about 18 months; I ended up replacing both the brake and clutch
m/c to avoid having to rebuild it as often.

Using DOT 5 fluid might help, depending on how often your car sits
(allowing the water absorbed by the LMA to rust the cylinder, thus
providing a less than perfect seal) and how often you flush the system
and change the fluid (same theory).