Re: Frozen rear brake adjusters....

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Frozen rear brake adjusters....
From: pwcs!phile@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 91 10:34:31 CST
Roger Garnett writes

> BMC brake adjusters work real when they are clean...
> They can usually be removed
> fairly easily, once you remove the shoes. There are 2 hex bolts which
> hold them to the backing plate- remove them, and you can pull off the
> adjuster, and clean up the 4 pieces.

Actually, Roger, the assembly is welded together on the Midget (at least on
all the backing plates I have seen).  You can get the little rectangular
pistons out OK, but the screw itself is in for the duration, being held
captive by the welded part.  Maybe Abingdon was worried about vibration
loosening the bolts?

Phil Ethier
THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
home:  (612) 224-3105        work:  (612) 298-5324
electronic mail:  phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov  or  uiucuxc!pwcs!phile
It's Hip to be Octagonal.

--
Login name: phile                       In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324