Re: BRG Miata

To: british-cars%encore.com@munnari.OZ.AU
Subject: Re: BRG Miata
From: s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU (John Taylor [The Banshee])
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 91 08:47:57 +1100
>A friend at work has just shown me the latest "Car & Driver".  There is a very
>small article, with accompanying colour photo, and a little later on a
>full-page colour advert of the Limited Edition Mazda Miata MX-5.
>
>As if you haven't guessed, its in British Racing Green with a tan interior
>and tonneau cover and a wood gear shift nob.  Only 4000 will be made and
>they start at $19,500.
>
>My heart just won't stop pounding, the sweat is flooding my brow.  Its finally
>here, the BRG Miata.  When they first came out I was able to resist the
>temptations (unable to afford one helped!) and I read that Mazda planned to
>make a BRG version in the future and I said I could hold out until then...
>*NOW* what do I do?

Actually, it's not BRG but some other green (Neolithic???? or something sillier)
green which is "inspired by BRG".  I haven't seen one yet, but the combination
sounded revolting when I first read it in the paper - still sounds unpleasant..
I wouldn't spend the extra $$ for a wooden gear-knob etc.
I wonder how long it'll take for the Ford Capri (Mercury Capri in US) to bring
out a green version...

The BRG I've seen is extremely dark - is this correct?

|   John Taylor  [The Banshee]         Victoria University of Technology     |
|  s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au    (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) |
|   MOKING IS A HEALTH HAZARD.          Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA       |