Re: Re: MGB questions

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Re: MGB questions
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@dtc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 91 16:37:48 pst
   Date: Wed, 6 Feb 91 07:59 PST
   From: encore.encore.com!yale!harvard!ames!uts.amdahl.com!greg (Greg Bullough)
   Subject: Re:  MGB questions

   >Well I picked up my 'new' ('74) MGB last night and drove it home.
   >I wanted to change the spark plugs but couldn't get them out.

   You bought a car without at least removing and examining the plugs?

   You have great faith!

   Greg

Geez, how was he suppose to check them if he could even get them out?
We're talkin' brit car here.  The whole concept of owning a brit car is
one of faith isn't it?.

When I bought my TD I had to stop at an auto parts store before I even
got it home to buy new plugs.  The previous owner had left an extra set
in the spare plug holder in front of the tool compartment on the
firewall but they were in worse shape than the ones I removed from the
engine.  I suppose this should have given me a bad feeling about the
whole car but it was my first British roadster.  I didn't care a hoot.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.HP.COM
CSX2282