Re: MGB questions

To: british-cars%encore.com@munnari.OZ.AU
Subject: Re: MGB questions
From: s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU (John Taylor [The Banshee])
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 91 09:09:42 +1100
>I wanted to change the spark plugs but couldn't get them out.  Does anyone have
>hints or suggestions on the best way to get them out?  I've been following the

You could try soaking them with CRC, WD40, etc. to try to loosen them.

>Also, I am planning to tune the car up a bit this weekend.  I have in mind
>changing the oil, lubing the chassis, checking the timing and changing the
>plugs (if I can get them out and they need to be replaced).  What else should
>I do?  Do any of you treat the roof with anything? Does Armorall work well?

I use a cheaper version of Armorall on the Moke's roof, doors etc.  Give the
hood a good wash, and even use some vinyl (I assume your's is vinyl too) cleaner
to get out any ground-in dirt.  When it's dry, give it a couple of coats of
armorall or similar and let it dry (dust tends to stick to it when wet, so it's
best not to drive the car until it's dry).

>Wouldn't it figure that we have four 60 degree, sunny days in Dayton Ohio and
>the day after I get my convertible it starts raining and cooling off.
>Unfortunately, the car is here at work out in the rain because my insurance
>agent had to inspect it.  I just hope the rain doesn't keep it from starting
>when I leave work.

The same thing happened to me and my Moke...  Luckily (or unluckily) the Moke
was off the road with minor repairs (windscreen replacements, minor painting,
clutch pin replacement, etc.) over most of winter.  Now its summer, and it's
going well and looking good (touch wood...)

|   John Taylor  [The Banshee]         Victoria University of Technology     |
|  s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au    (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) |
|   MOKING IS A HEALTH HAZARD.          Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA       |