MGB questions

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: MGB questions
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 91 14:24:22 EST
Well I picked up my 'new' ('74) MGB last night and drove it home.
I wanted to change the spark plugs but couldn't get them out.  Does anyone have
hints or suggestions on the best way to get them out?  I've been following the
"swiss cheese" thread in r.a.tech and it was suggested that plugs are easier
to remove when the engine is warm .  The engine was warm, but not fully warm
 when I tried to pull the plugs.  Any suggestions?

Also, I am planning to tune the car up a bit this weekend.  I have in mind
changing the oil, lubing the chassis, checking the timing and changing the
 plugs (if I can get them out and they need to be replaced).  What else should
 I do?  Do any of you treat the roof with anything? Does Armorall work well?

Wouldn't it figure that we have four 60 degree, sunny days in Dayton Ohio and
the day after I get my convertible it starts raining and cooling off.
Unfortunately, the car is here at work out in the rain because my insurance
agent had to inspect it.  I just hope the rain doesn't keep it from starting
when I leave work.

Sorry if this got a little long, but I warned everyone I'd be asking lots of
questions :-)

Bob "It only rains when I drive a convertible" Jones
bobj@meaddata.com