re: MGB Owners: Important Safety Update

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: re: MGB Owners: Important Safety Update
From: steve@europa.esd.sgi.com (Steve Valin)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 90 13:37:40 PDT
Scott mentions lower A-arm hole elongation problems on MGB's.  This also
can be a problem on Spridgets.  My friend had this problem on his '77 Midget.
He had many spares in his garage (he likes to strip Spridgets that aren't worth
restoring) and found that most of them had the same problem.  My '60 Bugeye
does not exhibit this problem (yet).  I wonder if the older cars used thicker
sheet metal to form the A-arms?

--
steve valin             steve@europa.esd.sgi.com                4153351379
        "Ain't nothing at the top but a bucket and a mop