Re: TR Undercoating Questions

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM, mit-eddie!hprpcd.hp.com!walker@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: TR Undercoating Questions
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <mit-eddie!apple.com!twakeman@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 90 12:31:20 -0700
Darrell,
I think most undercoatings were a dealer option. The dealer put on whatever
they wa
they wanted.  I do not know about the TR4, but the TR3 was not painted behind
the splash shield {!!!!!} under the front wings.  It was assembled then WAXOL
was applied behind the splash shield with a wand. I do not know about you, but
I'm painting behind my splash shields!!!

Underbody coating materials have improved greatly since your TR was new.
If it was mine, I would put on the best I could find.  If you want British,
there is always WAXOL.  Alternativly, you could use British gaskets on your
engine and rely upon a continual deposit of fresh oil to inhibit rust :^)

TeriAnn
"Yes the British invented the externally lubercated power plant"