Stuff

To: britcars@ucscc.UCSC.EDU
Subject: Stuff
From: mit-eddie!ucscc.UCSC.EDU!red4est!lrc@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Larry Colen - Nerd in a black leather jacket)
Date: Wed Jul 25 23:43:53 1990
re Grandfathers SU's.
  Your problem is that they are HIF's, not HS4s.
The SU HS series is the nicest, simplest easiest to work on
carb that I have ever dealt with.   Getting them tuned and
synched does take a little bit of practice, and have someone
"with the touch" show you how really helps too.
the ONLY problem that I have with them, is that they wear around the
throttle shaft and eventually need to be re bushed.
By the way, If you want to make them VERY SEXY, polish the domes,
and if applicable, the float bowls.  Use a white diamond wheel,
make sure that you keep the right dome, piston and body together
and DO NOT drop the dome.  For that extra sexy touch, get the brass
plunger from an old H series and polish that out too.

re SOL stickers:
  Who CARES?  Whoever gets off their but and does it will establish
the de-facto standard.  If you don't like it, don't buy it.
If you buy one and don't like it, I'm sure that someone else will
gladly buy yours off of you.

re the Team T/A Poster:
  Is that really a Lotus Cortina?  It lookds a lot more like a Fiat 128
to me.  Then again the 'Fiat 128' looks a lot more like an X1/9.

   Larry