Re: Stickers etc.

To: alliant!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Stickers etc.
From: uunet!hsi.com!archer@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Garry Archer)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 90 14:01:24 EDT
John Lupien writes:
> Stickers are OK, the first thing I would do is stick them to a
> magnetic backing. That way there's no glue on my paint, and I
> can take it off anytime.

I have magnetic Union Jack stickers on my cars.  The "sticker" is a rubbery
compound and is easy to remove and put back (which I do when washing my
cars.  This way the paint under the "sticker" is also cleaned).  I bought
them in England though (where else?!) and have never found anything quite
like it over here in the U.S., unfortunately.  Ever have a sticker where
you get a bubble under it?  Ever have a sticker that after you have applied
it, you stand back and think, "#$%&, its crooked!!!"?   You'll NEVER have
those problems with these babies!

Well, Ed, it looks like you have a major headache.  The personal preferences
seem evenly split between patches, stickers and t-shirts.  Looks like we'll
have to make up all three!!!  :-)  [...and then there are the jacket
suggestions!]

--
Garry Archer Esq.       {yale, uunet}!hsi!archer  -OR-  archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert