Re: Patch or shirt or sticker...

To: uiucuxc!topdwn.enet.dec.com!metzger@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Head Northwest young man.... 18-Jul-1990 1502)
Subject: Re: Patch or shirt or sticker...
From: phile@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 90 13:34:21 CDT
If Jim says "no Alliant", it is definately his call!  I think that
T-shirts are a bad deal.  You have to mess with different sizes, etc.
also, there are white guys like me that can't go out in the sun in a
T-shirt without getting burned to a crisp.  My
autocross/racetrack/carshow outfit is longsleeve white shirt with the
collar turned up and a baseball hat.  When I was an SCCA official, I
wore all white like the corner workers.  Corvettes of Minnesota used
to have white shirts with COM identification on them so they would
have a "look" while corner working at SCCA races.  Perhaps baseball
caps are universal enough in use that we could depend on them to find
each other.  If they were all the same color (BRG?) and had our
imprint or patch on the front?  Maybe we make the patches, and you get
a green baseball hat locally?  Somewhat moot for me, though.  Nobody
here but me and Dr. Bobwrench, and *I* never go anywhere else in the
country.  Stickers and patches is my vote.  use a very simple,
uncluttered design with not too many colors.
phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov    In real life: Philip J Ethier
(612) 298-5324