Re: Whitworth, British Sedans in the US.

To: mit-eddie!tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU!garnett@eddie.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Whitworth, British Sedans in the US.
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!sfisher@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 90 12:38:24 PDT
>OK, so who really knows anything about Sterlings?

Heh.

The first Stirling (whoops, that's the driver) Sterling
I saw was on a flat-bed tow truck.  I downshifted the
Cortina's gearbox, ran the Lotus Twin Cam up to a nice
throaty 4500-5000 RPM (where it just *starts* to sound
like an atomic chainsaw on steroids) and rushed up and
passed the Sterling to get a better look at it, blue smoke
from my clearing plugs swirling in my wake.

Scribbled on the winsdshield in yellow grease pencil
were the words:

   OIL LEAK -- DO NOT DRIVE

Well, I thought, they got *one* thing right...

--Scott