Funny Spit hybrid

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Funny Spit hybrid
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 17 May 90 14:00:19 PDT
A friend writes:

------- Forwarded Message

chris, i just saw a 67 triumph spitfire convertible body
with a 69 GTO or GTB or some such internals on the street
for sale for $2500.  the engine is 2 liters, 6 cylinders,
with some special suspension.  It looks like it is in great shape, and
the fellow who's built it (he says it's his 10th triumph)
says he put everything into it possible to make it stock and
low-maintenance.

it looks like fun, what advice do you have to give me?  I
might be interested in getting it, but i am NOT a car tinkerer.
if you think it is a good deal, would you like to come see
it with me tomorrow afternoon/evening somewhere downtown PA?

------- End of Forwarded Message

I told him that I didn't think that parts availability for GT6 or Mk
III spits was particularly good, and didn't know what to expect from
this hybrid. And that even if it's in good shape, he should expect to
spend at least a bit of time on it weekly.

I have no idea about the price -- of course I'm going to go look at it.
Who has an opinion that I can pass on?