Spring compressors (was: Re: Safety Alert!)

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM (SOL mail list)
Subject: Spring compressors (was: Re: Safety Alert!)
From: T.J. Higgins <mit-eddie!uunet.UU.NET!alpine!tj@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 May 90 16:03:20 CDT
> I had rented a spring compressor, but it didn't fit the springs.

When doing front-end work on the Alpine, I had great difficulty finding
a spring compressor that would fit.  After many unsuccessful attempts at
local auto parts stores, I broke down and ordered the ones in the
Victoria British catalog, knowing that they could be returned if they
didn't fit.  Joy of joys, they worked!  I can't remember the exact
price, but as I recall, I paid more than I wanted to.  But given my
frustration level at the time, they were worth every penny!  There's a
lot of VB-bashing that goes on here, but man did they save my a**!
T.J. Higgins                    uunet!ingr!higgins (UUCP)
Intergraph Corp.  M/S CR041     higgins@ingr.com   (Internet)
One Madison Industrial Park
Huntsville, AL  35894-0001      "Well-weathered leather, hot metal
(205) 730-6191                   and oil, the scent of country air"
                                                        -Rush