Re: More idle chit-chat

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: More idle chit-chat
From: mit-eddie!BBN.COM!san@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 17 May 90 16:30:17 -0400
Speaking of E-Type that got away...

Last summer (yes, 1989), I saw in the local Want Advertiser an ad. that read:

"1963 Etype roadster, 2 tops, in storage for 23 years, 1700 miles, $7000.
Divorce forces estate sale..." I was extremely skeptical, so I called and found
out that the guy was some rich old guy who bought the car and basically forgot
about it in his mansion, he thought he got a good price because that was what
he paid for years ago. Of course, the car got snatched up quickly and the guy
had to answer about 50 querries by the time I called, during the first day
after the ad appeared.

I saved the ad. and look at it every time I need a reason to get depressed :-)
This is New England, this kind of stuff happens. Ordinary people! I hate' em.

Heavy sigh!!

- Steve.