Re: Identify this car and win...

To: Alliant.COM!british-cars@acsu.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: Identify this car and win...
From: mit-eddie!hercules.acsu.buffalo.edu!tobin@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mike Tobin)
Date: Thu, 17 May 90 8:56:42 EDT
I'm sure all the old farts on the list recognize the car in question
as a Nash Metropolitan.  Built by BMC for AMC.  Body style by Bertone or
Pinninfarina (I forget which, butthey did a lot of work for AMC in the
fifties).  The last issue of Collectable Car has a nice spread on them.
They were built for three or four years in the late fifties (doubtless
someone with a better memory will have the exact dates (is the memory
the first or second thing to go? I forget)).

I NCal they were fairly common.  If any car could be called "cute" the
Met was it.  They can still be had fairly cheap and since the
mechanicals are basically MG, parts are easy to find.  I've seen ads for
Met clubs, so there must be a good level of support for the little
Dears.

Mike Tobin