Re: Identify this car and win...

To: Alliant.COM!british-cars@acsu.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: Identify this car and win...
From: mit-eddie!hercules.acsu.buffalo.edu!tobin@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mike Tobin)
Date: Fri, 18 May 90 8:30:28 EDT

> Well, thanks for all that offered me with opinions on this one. Send me
> your addresses and I'll send you a bucket-o-rust.
> Too bad I have no use for the engine, if anyone else out there does
> let me know, though it probably will not go for next to nothing.

Thanks, but you can keep the whole mess.  I had a chance to buy a
matched pair of these things last year, and still don't regret passing
them by.

If y'all can stand it , I  went to the Unread Mag Stack at home last
night and found the Met article in the April Collectable Automobile.
Mets were sold form '54 to 62.  I hadn't realized they had such along
run (but then I wouldn't have noticed the '54 introduction).  They were
built only thru '60 (it toook three years to get rid of the last
production run.  In all about 95,000 of the little dears were shipped
to the colonies in N America.  1,200 -5000 (depending on who you ask)
stayed at home.

        My Metropolitan is 'oh so sweet,'
        Pretty and roomy, and so complete
        The purr of her motor is very dear,
        Just like music to my ear.

        I can travel fast or slow,
        To any place I want to go.
        Let me tell you one thing more
        She brings me right back to my door.

                "My Metropolitan"
                        from the MOCNA membership flyer

BTW Collectable has a nice color spread on the TF MG in the same issue.
No new info for members of the Faithful, but some nice pictures.

Mike Tobin