Identify this car and win...

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Identify this car and win...
From: mit-eddie!vax.ftp.com!mason@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Nark Mason)
Date: Wed, 16 May 90 18:15:22 EDT
A buncha rust!
I was at the junkyard earlier today, way way back in the back of a huge
lot, at the very back next to the bushes, was a car. Made by AMC. 2 seater.
Convertible. No trunk. Recessed mount on the back for spare tyre. Smiths
heater box under the hood. Coventry, or maybe coventry climax, radiator. Lucas
generator control. A series engine. 1500cc (had 1500 cast in the side). Rear
Wheel drive. Manual shift on the steering column. 5 port head. Single zenith
downdraught carb (not like the Z-S's in the TR6). Mechanical fuel pump. Drum
brakes all around. Short, kind of stubby. The top of the doors dropped down an
inch or two, to the profile of the top was something like ---\____/---. There
was no name or model number or anything, plain dash, I would have take some
VIN or engine numbers off the car but I had nothing to write with. The block,
which looked just like an 850 or 1098, had the oil filter mount cast with it.
It looked 1960's.
I'll go back sometime and get the engine #'s, I'm real curious what it is.