Re: Another LBC back on the road

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Another LBC back on the road
From: mit-eddie!ames.arc.nasa.gov!ssi!coventry!rmb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Keptin Komrade Dr. Bobwrench III)
Date: Tue, 15 May 90 11:32:36 CDT
->      Question: My clutch _barely_ disengages.  The pushrod is attached to
->the middle hole in the fork lever.  I tired the outer hole (to reduce pedal
->effect) but it wouldn't disengage fully there.  I haven't tried the topmost
->hole yet.  Note that the previous owner installed a new clutch soon before
->I bought it (supposedly) and appears to have put in a new clutch master cyl.
->For the time being, i'm getting good at rev-matched downshifts. :-)  Any
->ideas?  Should I bleed it, try the upper hole, something else?
->
        Answer: I just replaced my clutch last week. The pushrod is on the
topmost hole on the lever. It was on the topmost hole before I replaced
the clutch. And the old clutch was down to one of the rivets....

iii