Re: More Horses for Spridgets - I mean BIG PONIES

To: alliant!Alliant.COM!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: More Horses for Spridgets - I mean BIG PONIES
From: sgi!chromavac.csd.sgi.com!miq@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Mon, 14 May 90 17:43:59 PDT
Randell sez:
>I'm quite interested.  I have a butchered sprite (flares, rear deck cut off
>leaving a kamm-tail with spoiler, bugeye front fitted, etc - I didn't do it!)
>It's my "muscle-sprite", and it needs an engine transplant (it has a stock
>948cc engine with bad clutch.)  That engine would provide ridiculous
>performance
>in the car (it's about 1200-1300 pounds - 11lbs/hp in a sprite is pretty
>frightening. :-)

No, 130hp in a 940 pound sprite is pretty frightening, 110 in a 1250 pound
sprite is merely spooky.  Trust me I have both.

"Mister! Hey mister! You lights are popped up, but they aren't on!"
        "Huh?  Oh gee thanks...<sigh>"
                                An ignorant good samaritan and me in my Bugeye
Miq Millman -- miq@sgi.com or {decwrl,pyramid,ucbvax}!sgi!miq  415 335 1041