Re: '64 Sprite Info Needed

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: '64 Sprite Info Needed
From: mit-eddie!vax.ftp.com!mason@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Nark Mason)
Date: Mon, 14 May 90 17:21:58 EDT
I have 2 similiar engines, one is a 1098 out of a '64 MG1100, it has the hole
machined in the block and the lobe on the camshaft for the mechanical fuel
pump but has a blanking plate over the hole and 2 burnt out electric pumps.
The other engine is an unknown vintage 850 from a mini, it has the casting
for the fuel pump but the hole was not machined, it has a burnt out
replacement fuel pump. I don't know how reliable the mechanical ones but it
can't be much worse than the electrics! Unless you're a stickler for
originality you should consider sticking with the mechanical one.
I don't know about sprite parts suppliers but at least one of {mini city,
mini mania, seven enterprises} offers mechanical fuel pumps and parts.