Re: Looking for belt for 4.2L Etype motor.

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Looking for belt for 4.2L Etype motor.
From: mit-eddie!cbmvax.commodore.com!augi@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Joe Augenbraun)
Date: Wed, 9 May 90 9:42:04 EDT

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where I can get a 12.5 x 7.75 belt? This is for a 4.2L XK-E
> motor. I can't seem to find one in that size; I called Jaguar and they said it
> is no longer available. The place in New Hampshire (British Auto Parts?) sent
> me the wrong belt (not to mention the wrong tail lamp).

Its time for me to make another plug for the place I used to work for.
They have virtually every part available for the XKE, and many that aren't
really commonly available.  Expect the easy to get parts to be 10-20%
cheaper than other places regular prices, although sale prices for other
places are likely to be cheaper.

When I owned my E type, I exclusively bought my parts from them (and I would
have even if I didn't get a deep discount).  They deal mostly in E-Type new
parts, there's the normal stock of XJ6 new parts, very little for XK's and
early sedans.  There are always several cars being parted out (usually a couple
of E's and a couple of XJ6's).  Used part pricing is competitive for things
that there's a good supply of, they are not a good source of rare things
(like tri-carb setups), they want way too much for this kind of stuff.

Particulars are:

                        East Coast Jaguar
                        P.O Box 9646
                        Newark, DE  19714

                        (302) 731 7200

The owner's name is John DiGiacoma Jr.

(Incidentally, your belt will be in stock, although they'll just send you an
ordinary american belt in the right size.  John doesn't particularly bother
with british brands for things like belts and filters)