Looking for belt for 4.2L Etype motor.

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Looking for belt for 4.2L Etype motor.
From: "Stephen H. An" <mit-eddie!BBN.COM!san@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 May 90 17:29:01 EDT
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a 12.5 x 7.75 belt? This is for a 4.2L XK-E
motor. I can't seem to find one in that size; I called Jaguar and they said it
is no longer available. The place in New Hampshire (British Auto Parts?) sent
me the wrong belt (not to mention the wrong tail lamp).

Can I replace the 2 belts (alternator and water pump belt) with a single belt
(the newer design)? Are they the same size?

Is there some American belt (made for american cars) that would fit? Hell, my
radiator core has already been recored with american made core, so why stop
there.

Thanks,

- Steve.