British Car magazine & CT car show.

To: alliant!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: British Car magazine & CT car show.
From: uunet!hsi.com!archer@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Garry Archer)
Date: Wed, 9 May 90 09:34:35 EDT
British Car magazine (June 1990) is great this month!  (AS ALWAYS!)

Look at the cover, TR6 vs MGC vs Austin Healey 3000 Mk III!!!  I love that
Healey in green (not quite dark enough for BRG though).

And, remember we had a discussion on Austin A40's last year?  Well there is
a neat article on this car with nice photos.   Hmmm, I didn't realise that
this was Britain's first true hatchback!

Oh yeah, the editorial has Dave Destler raving about his new Jensen
Intercepter III.  And you know, if you do just squint right, at the front end
of the car, he's right!, it does kinda look like an Aston Martin!

Then I saw those predicted car values Darrell Walker (I think) mentioned in
earlier e-mail.

In the calendar section, a British car show in Connecticut!!!

June 3: "British At The Castle", East Haddam, CT.  Contact Peter Coy
at 203-368-3435.

This can only be at Gillette Castle, built by some self-made millionaire
years ago.  The grounds and castle are worthy of a visit themself, but
a British Car show is a bonus!  A great place for a picnic.  I live
pretty close to here.  I'm gonna try and go, but it'll be in the afternoon.
I'll have to give the bloke a call.

Enough!  You should read your own copy!  I unsubscribed to Road & Track last
year and subscribed to British Car.  Now that's what I call an excellent
trade-in!!!

Garry Archer Esq.       {yale, uunet}!hsi!archer  -OR-  archer@hsi.com
Code 3/HSI Systems (a 3M company),      New Haven, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert