[Bricklin] Clunk

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: [Bricklin] Clunk
From: isensee@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:22:23 -0500
 My '75 Bricklin has been making a clunk sound for some time and I haven't
been able to track it down. I am looking for ideas what may be causing it.

It occurs when I first start the car and put the transmission into reverse. It
is a very loud metallic sounding clunk. After I back out of the garage and
shift into drive it sometime gives another clunk that is a little less loud.
After that, I never hear it until the next time I start the car cold.

My first thought was that it was the u-joints. They were a little worn so I
replaced them, but that didn't help. The rear end doesn't seem to have
excessive play as far as I can tell. I have checked over the suspension to see
if there is a bolt loose so that anything can move, but don't see anything.
Any ideas?

Scott
Bricklin@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html