Re: [Bricklin] Clunk

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Clunk
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:38:23 -0500
At 02:22 PM 2/17/2011, Scott Isensee wrote:

 > My '75 Bricklin has been making a clunk sound for some time and I haven't
 >been able to track it down. I am looking for ideas what may be
causing it......

 >Any ideas?

Scott,

My guess would have been U joints also.

My next guess would be a bad motor mount.  Try having a helper put the car
in drive and reverse, and look at the motor to see how much it moves when
the gear shift is changed from drive to reverse and vise versa.

If it's not that, I'd say take it to a shop, have them put it on a
lift.  They'll probably put someone in the car to shift it, and
someone under to look for the
clunk.

Good luck, keep us posted.

John