Re: [Bricklin] Oil Pressure Issue

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Oil Pressure Issue
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 19:50:04 -0500
After going back through all the changes in my head since I last drove the
car.  I may have over torqued the oil pump cover since it is in inch pounds
unlike just about any other bolt.  I had one remaining leak that I was
trying to address where one screw is leaking on the cover.  I am trying my
best to not have any leaks and since I am guessing at the torque in inch
pounds I may have tightened it to much.  I am draining the oil and will
remove the oil pump cover check to make sure it is not damaged as well as
the oil pump gears and distributor gear.  I had a high power microwave
magnet on the bottom of the pan near the oil plug.  I will check the oil for
any metal fragments and also run a wire across the bottom of the pan with a
magnet to make sure nothing remains there.  I am also removing the valve
covers to check for any issues there.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I will update you on my progress or issues
found.

Greg 0036