Re: [Bricklin] Oil Pressure Issue

To: "'Greg Schroeder'" <gschroeder@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Oil Pressure Issue
From: "Dennis Gautreau" <drgautreau@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 07:58:55 -0400
By the sounds of what happened, and the fact that you re-gained oil
pressure again, I would guess that there is a spring loaded ball (like
most oil pumps) that regulates the pressure.

If the ball gets stuck open, oil pressure will drop and not feed the
engine correctly. The fact that it came back would lead me to believe
that the spring and ball mechanism was in fact stuck and then went back
to normal operating position.

I would definitely check the oil pump.

Dennis 0901