Re: [Bricklin] Value Question

To: <cbl302@sbcglobal.net>, <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Value Question
From: "George" <ustow@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 01:20:03 -0500
I agree with the Bundle of $$ to get/keep a parked car running. About 2
years ago we brought a 15 year old or so Lumina van with "1300" miles. The
couple bought it and soon after he died and she parked it. It still had the
factory oil and filter. It was never back to a dealer for it's first
service.
Well the bill to get it roadable at about a $40. hr labor rate was over
$3000 inc fuel pump, filter , lines,All were gummed shut. Brake cyls and
calapers, hoses, flush and replace fluid as three wheels were froze. All the
belts and hoses were dried out and replaced. I could have done more like
seals and gaskets but they were wate and see stuff.
This was an easy car for parts so I would think one of our Briclkins could
get much worse.
Either way good luck
127GEORGE!!