Re: [Bricklin] Value Question

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Value Question
From: CBL302 <cbl302@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 21:40:10 -0800 (PST)
Have any of you owned a Lotus Esprit or Delorean.....Now those cars cannot sit
for any length of time,inside or outside...those cars will easily run into
10K-20K NOT including the Purchase price.. just to even make them reliable
again....what would a Bricklin take if it was NOT stored outside(panel/frame
deteration)maybe a total of $2500.00 to make it into a reliable car again.

Lets see clean the tank,new fuel pump,rebuild a simple carb,maybe new
Calipers,master cylinder,oil change,tranny fluid change,new tires,redo rear
drum brakes,flush out the cooling system,repace Hoses and thermostat,and
lastlt flush out the air door system,and a new Battery.Most likely still NOT
reaching the above $2500.00 threshold.

Vin 1024 has been COVERED and garaged and unused since 1994 and I guarentee
you I will have to spend UNDER $700.00 to get her running again,since I
drained out all the gas and rebuilt the carb,AFTER the last running,and has
been covered up all these years,and the windows slightly cracked open for
venting,last I checked the interior was still show car prestine,the engine
compartment was still spotless and crisp,and the tires/wheels STILL have the
orignal 32 psi from 1994(tubes in the tires)since I am running True Spoke rims
and the Chome on the rims have ZERO rust surface.

Since I have owned vin1024,and since 1980,my only expenses has been the
aftermarket wheels/tires,the one off Custom made for Bricklin only car
cover(with all the Bricklin Logo's on it)This cover has not been available
since the early 1980's....so please do not ask.New Master Cylinder and
Calipers,two carb rebuilds,two batteries....and  typical oil changes etc...and
that was about it...for a grand total of UNDER $1000.00 since 1980!!!!

Claude
1024