Re: [Bricklin] Compressor system

To: <efrain_nadal@yahoo.com>, "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Compressor system
From: "George Malaska" <gmalaska@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 20:08:42 -0500
Another thing I add to my system is a shut off valve at the air tank. When I
park the car for an extended period, I close it and even if the system
develops a leak, it won't drain the tank. The others are correct when they
told you to make sure that you install the insert sleeves in the air lines at
the compression fitting. This keeps the line from collapsing and developing a
leak. Also, make sure you use good air line that is made for air brake
systems. You can get them at any truck parts supplier or NAPA stores too. The
latest and neatest setup are the fittings that you just push the line in and
it locks. To release them you push on the collar and pull the line out. Works
really well. They are have been used on trucks brake systems for a while now,
so they are reliable and proven. With these measures in place, I rarely lose
more than 10 pounds pressue over months of down time.
George

George J. Malaska, V.P.Membership
Bricklin International Owners Club
Cell: 216-374-2531