[Bricklin] Compressor system

To: Bricklin Forum <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bricklin] Compressor system
From: "William J. Lawyer" <wlawyer@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:46:46 -0600
I have Bricklin 1643.  Recently I found the battery was dead in the
car.  Further investigation revealed the battery was fine, but was being
drained by the compressor running when the car was shut off.  (Yes, I
have compressor cut-out switch over the front bumper, but I hadn't
flipped it to OFF).  It appears the system loses about 4 pounds of
pressure in two hours.  Here are my questions:

1)  According to Bob Hoffman, the switch is supposed to activate the
compressor at around 130 pounds, and turn it off at around 145 pounds.
However the sensor on my machine is marked 100 - 130 pounds.  When the
tank is pressurized the doors work normally.  I'd be interested to know
what other Bricks use for the "on" and "off" pressures for the compressor.

2)  My local tech has checked for leaks and found none.  But he and I
would both like to have a diagram of the air circuit for the door
system.  We are particularly interested in knowing where the check valve
is that prevents the pressurized tank from leaking back into the compressor.

Any comments or assistance would be most welcome!

Bill
1643