Re: Dash & Console Lights

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dash & Console Lights
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 19:53:11 -0400
At 08:59 AM 5/16/02 -0500, Dave Peabody wrote:

>You know what?
>
>I just replaced the horn on my car 2 weeks ago and
>thats where the ground is right?
>
>Only thins is the dash lights quit on me before the
>horn did. Still the same problem?

Dave,

  No.  The horns get their ground from the bolt and bracket that connects
them to the front of the drivers side fender well.

  The ground for the insturment lights comes out the top of the firewall
left connection of the firewall penetration connector under the brake
power booster.  On the back of the drivers fender well, there is a bolt
and 3 wires connected to it.  This is the ground for the insturment lights
and other items.  2 of the wires connected to this bolt go into the wiring
loom and up towards the front of the car.  My guess is that they are for the
head lights and parking lights.