Re: Dash & Console Lights

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dash & Console Lights
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 20:06:40 -0400
At 07:11 PM 5/14/02 -0400, you wrote:
>My dash & console decided one night, not to light-up when I had the
>headlights on.
>
>I changed the fuse & opened up the center console to see if any wires got
>pinched but all is well.
>
>Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?

Dave, et al.

I'll lay you odds that it is the reostat on the headlight switch.

There is a variable resistor on the front of the headlight switch.  Turning
it all the way in one direction should bypass the resistor, and possibly
turn on the dash lights and or the dome light.

Try turning the knob full counter clockwise, and see what happens.  If nothing
try the other way.  You may have to remove the headlight switch and use an
aligator switch to try jumper power across the resistor.

They have a tendency to burn out and cause the dash lights not to work.