Re: AND EVEN MORE HAMFISTED IDIOTS

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AND EVEN MORE HAMFISTED IDIOTS
From: "CBL302" <CBL302@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 17:42:55 -0500
WHAT most street racers/modifers,do not relize is that the "high
performance" stuff,Will NEVER make a car run good in the long haul (or short
haul)(THAT is why you ALWAYS see a racer being towed on a trailer,as the
high performace parts,(cams,rockers,intakes,headders,modified
heads/blocks/pistons/rods/crankshafts ect,ect,)are only good for one THING
and one THING only,high speed in a short amount of time,and as such,also
last for a short amount of time,because of the amount of stress that these
HiPro items put  themselfs thru/ and on the factory parts
(Block,pistons,rings,valves and valve springs,drivetrain/body/brakes, ect
ect,put simply 1 mile on a HiPo modified engine(and the more modified the
worse it is) is equal to 25 miles on a factory stock engine,do the math.Show
me a daily driver that has been "Street Racer" setup that has been around
since 1980's,that was modified (setup) and is still running dependably and
Big $$$$$$,have not been spent on it since to keep it in "street racer" top
shape!!! THERE IS NO SUCH BEAST!!! (when was the last time you saw a orignal
modified car from the 60's or 70's,that was modified back then(the 60's-70's
era) and is still around today)How many of the orignal unmodified one are
out there.  Which proves my point that the Bricklin (or any car) that is
setup to factory specs.WILL always outlast any Modified car in the long run.
And be worth more in the long haul,.Most wind up being blown up,or the owner
gets disgusted,and sells/abandands it/lets it rot,or winds up crashing it,
because it was not setup right(to much power,for the brakes/suspension/body
ect.ect.

Claude
1024/1136
As stock as they come.